I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of wonderful people through this blog. So many people are so supportive and I really enjoy talking to so many wonderful people. Some of those wonderful people are autistics. Some of these wonderful autistics have commented to me that my son is lucky to have me because their parents were not understanding.
This breaks my heart.
All kids deserve to have loving, supporting, and understanding parents.
No matter what your story is or what your child’s story is please:
1. Spend time with them.
2. Take time understanding what they are communicating.
2. Give them space when they need it.
3. Hug them (respect them if they don’t want hugged & show affection how THEY want it)
4. Spend time with them doing what they want to do.
5. Tell them something positive about themselves at least once a day.
6. Enjoy them.
7. Laugh with them.
8. Support and guide them lovingly in making improvements but…
9. Tell them you love them just the way they are.
10. Truly love and accept them the way they are.